- It’s nothing but the oil derived by pressing the coconut meat or copra.
How is it useful for hair?
- Coconut Oil works as a wonderful conditioner for hair. It makes the hair soft and conditions the scalp. It’s even useful in getting rid of dandruff better than a medicated shampoo, when used as a pre-wash conditioner.
- Coconut oil makes the hair shiny and helps in the healthy growth of hair. This gives the best natural nutrition for hair. Regular massage of the scalp with coconut oil helps in getting rid of dandruff, lice, dryness etc.
- Apply coconut oil to your scalp to get protection from the harmful and drying effects of the ultra violet rays, when going out in the hot sun.
- Coconut oil, for its benefits to the hair, has been used for thousands of years by the people around the world. Hair remains soft and shiny if a small amount of coconut oil is applied on a regular basis.
- Coconut oil quickly gets absorbed into the hair shaft to replace the missing natural oils.
- I read a lot about applying coconut oil to wet hair, where it works the best. It was suggested to apply the oil right after getting out of the shower and when the hair is not that dripping, just damp.
- But the method that works for me the best, is applying warm coconut oil an hour before taking a shower and washing it off with a good shampoo. My hair becomes so shiny after that. You can try whatever method suits you.
- And I apply oil once in three days to keep it soft and shiny. With that my hair falling has also reduced to a considerable extent.
- Run your fingers through the hair evenly and rub coconut oil into the hair. You may want to use a comb to distribute the oil thorough the hair, which is also fine.
What are the other uses of Coconut Oil?
- Mix coconut oil and lemon juice in 2:1 ratio and massage into the roots of the hair to get rid of dandruff.
- When freshly grated coconut meal is applied to hair and washed after some time, it works as a conditioner for the hair.
- When a mixture of coconut oil and almond oil (a little bit) is applied to the hair and massaged into the scalp gently for at least 10 to 15 minutes every day, it cools down the scalp and gives shininess to the hair.